At any specific, point – in – time, millions of Americans, as well as others, around the world, are dieting, in some form, or another! The motivations, reasons, concerns, action plan, efforts, discipline, etc, may differ, but, regardless, of which one, there are five key things, needed, for any weight – loss/ diet, plan, to work, effectively. There is no such thing, as, one – size – fits – all, in terms of, which method, and/ or, approach, might work, best, for someone, because there are many diets, and weight – loss programs, which work for some, but, aren’t effective, for others! However, regardless of which approach, and/ or, plan, is used, there are 5 things needed, for any diet, to bring, the desired results. With that in mind, this article will attempt to, briefly, consider, examine, review, and discuss, these, and why, they are meaningful, and significant.
1. Mindset: Any specific plan will only work, when one possesses the necessary, mindset, and being ready, to commit to this effort, on a consistent, disciplined manner! Perhaps, considering Groucho Marx’s famous line, It’s a matter of mind over matter. If you don’t have a mind, it doesn’t matter. In other words, before any specific plan, will have the results, the individual has to be ready, and have the motivations, to commit, to it!
2. Health concerns/ warnings: Many attempt to lose weight, after visiting their doctor, and being strongly advised, doing so, is necessary, to address specific health concerns. At other times, there are certain warnings, people heed, such as their appearance, pain in joints, and other early warning signs, of specific health – related challenges!
3. Commitment: For any program, to work, it takes significant commitment, to pursue, and move forward, even when it is difficult, challenging, or, there may seem to be, an easier path! When someone commits to any specific diet, there are times, when it may not seem worth the effort, but, if one wants to be successful, it requires patience, and looking at the bigger – picture!
4. Discipline: How can anyone proceed, forward, unless/ until, he has the degree of self – discipline, to maintain the quest, and resist/ overcome the temptations!
5. Resist temptation: One of the many challenges, thrust in the path, of those, seeking to lose weight, is the temptation, to abandon it, because of specific conditions, etc, which might interfere with those efforts. Do you have the inner strength, and fortitude, to resist these temptations?
Since, so many seek to lose weight, wouldn’t it make sense, and be beneficial, to be prepared, for obstacles, to this quest? Are you really committed to dieting?
Article Source: EzineArticles